Developments in England that are in over 1 hectare in size within flood zone 1 or are located within flood zones 2 and 3 require Flood Risk Assessments to be submitted at planning.

Which flood zone is your site located in? Visit The Flood map for planning site to find out.

All requirements are set out in the National Planning Policy Framework which is supervised, with regard to flood risk, by the Environment Agency.